Healthy Oats upma is a delicious Indian breakfast with the goodness of oats and yummy flavors of the traditional upma.
Everybody is aware of the health benefits of oats but not everyone enjoys a bowl of oatmeal for their breakfast. So this recipe a perfect fix for that healthy yet delicious breakfast.
This recipe is easy to make and the added veggies increase the health quotient and keep you satiated for long.
Oats are high in the soluble fiber beta-glucan, which has numerous benefits. It helps reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels, promotes healthy gut bacteria and increases feelings of fullness.
Do let us know in the comment section below on how you like the dish.
- 2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup carrot
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp urad dal
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 spring curry leaves
- 2 green chilli slitted
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cup buttermilk
1) Start with boiling veggies and let it boil until veggies are cooked.
2) Remove vegetables and keep them aside.
3) Heat pan and add mustard seeds and urad-dal.
4) Let them crackle and stir until the dal turns golden brown.
5) Add curry leaves, chillies, onions &keep mixing until onions are golden brown in color.
6) Add salt, turmeric, and oats to the pan and dry roast the oats for a few mins.
7) Add buttermilk, mix, cover and cook until the oats are done.
8) Once the oats are done garnish with coriander.
JOOSyTip: Sauteing for 4 to 5 minutes will give a nice aroma to your dish and it will help soak all the water.